Vacate [the Verdict], Motion to

A motion to a court, typically in a jury case, or after a post-trial settlement, asking that the court cancel the verdict. In a jury case it would be because of an assertion that the verdict was wrong or improperly rendered.  See Motion, to Dismiss, Summary Judgment, Set Aside the Verdict

Related Terms

Term posted by Origin on in